Today we’re taking a look at the brand new Sunwayfoto TL-2840-CC tripod. This compact, lightweight option is specifically designed for spotting scopes and shooting in the field, so let’s see if it hits the mark.
Right out of the box, the TL-2840-CC impresses with its sleek carbon fiber construction and surprisingly light weight. It folds down to a mere 20 inches, making it super portable for backpackers and hunters. The twist-lock legs are a breeze to deploy, even with gloves on, and the weather sealing gives you peace of mind in dusty or wet environments.
Features that Matter:
- Twist-lock legs: Super fast and easy to deploy, even with gloves on.
- Lightweight carbon fiber: Weighs in at just 3 lbs, making it ideal for carrying long distances.
- Weather-sealed legs: Keeps dust, sand, and moisture out, ensuring smooth operation in any environment.
- 35lb load capacity: Handles most spotting scopes and rifles without issue.
- Center column with hook: Adds extra height and stability, and the hook lets you hang a weight for even more stability in windy conditions.
- Multiple head mounting options: Compatible with both Arca rails and traditional 3/8″ screw heads.
On the Range:
I mounted my Ruger 10/22 on the TL-2840-CC with the included SM-86 adapter, and I was immediately impressed with the stability. The twist locks hold everything rock-solid, even with some recoil. The center column comes in handy for getting your eye level just right, and the bag hook adds even more stability if you need it.
What to Keep in Mind:
- Height: While the center column adds some height, it’s not quite as tall as some other tripods. This might be an issue for taller shooters or those who need to shoot from a standing position.
- Recoil: For heavier recoiling rifles, I’d recommend a tripod without a center column for maximum stability.
- Head: The included adapter works well for basic use, but if you need more adjustability, you’ll want to invest in a ball head.
The Sunwayfoto TL-2840-CC is a fantastic choice for spotting scopes and lighter rifles. It’s incredibly lightweight, portable, and stable, making it perfect for hunters, backpackers, and anyone who needs a compact tripod for outdoor shooting. While it might not be the best option for heavy recoiling rifles or those who need maximum height, it’s a great value for the price and a joy to use.
So, is the TL-2840-CC right for you?
If you’re looking for a lightweight, portable tripod for spotting scopes or lighter rifles, then absolutely! It’s a great option for hunters, backpackers, and anyone who wants a stable platform for outdoor shooting. However, if you need a tripod for heavier recoiling rifles or you need maximum height, you might want to consider another option.
Let me know in the comments below what you think of the Sunwayfoto TL-2840-CC! And as always, thanks for watching!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out the linked video for a more in-depth look at the tripod in action.